Archive for October, 2011
October 26th, 2011
Every healthcare provider has different needs and staffing capabilities that impact how they implement and use their Cost Accounting/Decision Support and Contract Management solutions. Clients rely on these systems to analyze the cost, profitability and resource utilization of Product Lines, DRGs, Physicians, Managed Care Contracts, etc. They also use them for recovering underpayments from managed care payers and negotiating more favorable contract terms and conditions with their payers.
Kreg can deploy its systems in the following five ways:
- On-Site Client Server Based. The physical server is located at the client site and is part of the client’s network. Multiple users access the Kreg systems on a daily basis over the local network.
- On-Site Client Server on VMWare Server. The Kreg systems are implemented in a VMWare virtual machine located at the client site and is part of the client’s network. Multiple users access the Kreg systems on a daily basis over the local network.
- Software as a Service (SaaS) – No server is located at the client site. The client operates the Kreg systems using a web-browser via a secure internet connection. The software resides on a VMWare Services virtual machine located at the Kreg data center in Atlanta, GA. Under this option Kreg provides all software and hardware.
- Software as a Service (SaaS) II. - No server is located at the client site. The client operates the Kreg systems using a web-browser via a secure internet connection to a physical server provided by the client, but housed at the Kreg data center in Atlanta, GA.
- Monthly Report Package – This option is primarily for organizations that do not have the staff to operate the Kreg systems on a daily basis, but need the information to manage their operations. Kreg sets up and imports data on a monthly basis, then provides a customized report set that meets the ongoing needs of the client. Kreg will also spend up to two hours per month with senior management “drilling through” the data and generating reports for specific projects.
If you are interested in discussing any of these options, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
October 6th, 2011
Kreg clients are using the Patient Level Management System, EV-PLM, to compare length of stay and costs by physician for specific DRGs.
The report below shows the costs broken down by major category for DRG 470 – Major Joint Replacements. You can see that although Dr. Jarvis and Dr. Webster have almost the same number of cases for the period, Dr. Jarvis’s patients cost the organization more than twice as much. You can analyze the cost for each of Dr. Jarvis’ cases to determine if any one case may be causing the variance. You can also compare charges, costs and utilization by charge item between the two doctors to determine exactly where the variances are occurring. This is the type of report that you can provide to the Medical Director so he/she can deal with Dr. Jarvis directly.
|Attending Phys||Cases||ALOS||Room Cost||OR Cost||Supply Cost||Meds Cost||Other Cost||Total Cost|
|DR6802748 DR. HENDERSON JARVIS||20||3.67||$1,479||$966||$5,233||$308||$819||$8,804|
|DR6801988 DR. CLYDE WEBSTER||18||3.25||$744||$327||$2,676||$142||$375||$4,264|
|DR6803463 DR. MARTINA PADGETT||10||3.17||$949||$906||$4,708||$201||$484||$7,248|
|DR6802037 DR. CYRIL SIMON||9||2.67||$1,116||$605||$3,757||$197||$493||$6,168|
|DR6802202 DR. EDMUND OCONNOR||9||3.6||$1,178||$686||$4,002||$201||$758||$6,824|
|DR6802263 DR. ELIZABETH LARSEN||5||7.5||$1,116||$532||$3,196||$200||$655||$5,700|
|DR6802348 DR. ENOS MCDOWELL||5||3||$2,244||$814||$4,368||$352||$1,863||$9,641|
Click here for more information about EV-PLM.
You are currently browsing the Kreg blog archives for October, 2011.