Executive Data Conferencing
Most hospitals have invested significant time and money in decision support systems. However, information contained in many decision support systems remains “trapped” in the Finance department. This is often due to competing priorities for staff time, lack of management’s understanding of the systems capabilities, and/or the absence of expectations that reports will be distributed routinely to the appropriate managers and other personnel. These systems were purchased to help answer critical questions such as:
- What are the year-to-date actual vs. budget variances by department? By administrator?
- What is our profitability by service?
- Are there services we should promote or discontinue?
Are our medical practice patterns consistent with our established critical pathways?
- In those services where we are losing money, are there certain physicians or groups whose resource utilization exceeds their peers?
- If so, is the variance due to length of stay, number of diagnostic tests ordered, the types of medications prescribed, or some combinations thereof?
Finance/Departmental Managers Questions
- In what third-party contracts are we making or losing money?
- What are the key factors we need to consider during future contract negotiations?
- What are the year-to-date actual vs. budget variances for each expense account in my department? For each job code?
Kreg has established an interactive process between hospital management and Kreg professionals which ensures that the hospital gets the right information, to the right people, at the right time. Kreg has implemented an effective, results-oriented process which can be completed in six weeks. Specifically, the process is designed to accomplish the following:
- Educate senior managers about the data contained in the system.
- Develop a monthly reporting package to best meet the needs of your hospital.
- Educate various users about how the information can be used to enhance their daily operations.
- Ensure our decision support technology is integrated into your standard operating processes.
- Our professionals have a wealth of experience in healthcare finance and operations as well as software development and report writing. Consequently, we understand ways in which the information can be reported and effectively communicated throughout your organization.